Magnificent

Magnificent
MAGNIFICENT! If you can take five minutes for a moving experience of worship focused on God's magnificent creation, click on the photo. You will be glad you did.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WOW! FIFTY YEARS ON THE JOB

Today is a most significant day for me. On June 1, 1961, I took my first position in ministry. So today marks 50 years of ministry. What a ride it has been! I had just graduated from Taylor University and while I expected to find a position in public school teaching, the Lord had other plans and I headed to Elkhart, IN to be a Director of Christian Education. Now 50 years later it is difficult to imagine a half-century flying by so quickly.

There have been many ups, downs, and round-abouts during these years. But, they have been exciting years and best of all the Lord who called me has been faithful. In return, I have attempted to be faithful to Him. When you arrive at this stage of life and ministry, the thought often comes as to whether you have really made a difference. While I can point to many who have come to Jesus as Savior, been sanctified with His Holy Spirit, been healed of a multitude of infirmities, and set on the path of holy living and effective ministry, I know that we can never know our effectiveness until we stand together  before the Lord.

As I think back, I am so thankful for the ten churches in this country which allowed me to share in their ministry. Those churches were greatly diverse and provided me with a wide range of ministry opportunities. It was also a highlight to be able to help organize and pastor the Quisqueya Chapel in Port au Prince, Haiti, and also to be a part of the great work of Grace Children's Hospital in Port au Prince. And it seemed to keep getting more exciting as I worked to establish Hispanic churches in north Indiana and southern Michigan after my technical "retirement." That simply meant that salaries stopped but the work kept on.

Also, these last years have been satisfying as the Lord has given me the opportunity for more study, writing of books, and teaching in the area of Bible prophecy. Especially exciting are the Bible studies I have been able to lead at Avon Park Holiness Camp in Florida each winter.

So I am celebrating in my spirit today that not only have I been privileged to know Jesus as my Savior for 53 years, but also to walk with Him and to serve Him in the most wonderful calling I can imagine. Please rejoice with me on this happy occasion. If we have had opportunity to share together, I would greatly enjoy hearing from you by comment below or by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment